Dr. Richard Dickinson, Jr. (“DJ”) was born and raised in St. Albans. He attended St. Albans City Elementary School and Bellows Free Academy. After 14 years of living outside Vermont for school and work, Dr. DJ returned to St. Albans in 2010 to join Dr. Dickinson and Dr. Branon in practice. Dr. DJ feels very fortunate to be part of such a great group of professionals who work so well together and care about the long-term health of the community.
Dr. DJ graduated from Dartmouth College with a Bachelor of Arts in engineering in 2000. He did an additional year to complete a Bachelor of Engineering Sciences from the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth in 2001.
For the following four years, Dr. DJ worked as a product development engineer at Allegro Microsystems, Inc. in southern New Hampshire. Although he enjoyed the pace of new product development and working in the technology sector, dentistry offered an alternative career path that combined the life sciences and participation in the well-being of others.
Dr. DJ attended Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in 2009 and completed the general practice residency at UVM in 2010. He is passionate about continuing education and has had great mentors in Dr. Dickinson and Dr. Branon. We prioritize learning so we can improve how we perform treatment for our patients.
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University School of Dentistry, 2009
- Certificate in general practice dentistry – University of Vermont Medical Center, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Science – Dartmouth College
- Bachelor of Engineering Science – Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College
- Graduate of Dawson Institute of Occlusal Studies
- Aligntech Institute with Invisalign
- American Dental Association
- Vermont State Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentists, member and pre-fellow
- Jay Peak Ski Resort Patrol
- Northwestern Board of Incorporators
Research and Awards
- Past presenter at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Annual Bates-Andrews Research Day
- Past presenter at the American Association of Dental Research Annual Meetings
- Inductee into the Robert R. Andrews Honors Society
- Recipient of Dr. Erlin & Inger Johansen Senior Student Research Scholarship
- Recipient of Pierre Fauchard Academy Senior Student Award
- Past product development at Allegro Microsystems, Inc.
- Co-inventor of eight US patents related to the design of integrated electrical current sensors.
Outside the Office
Dr. DJ lives in Georgia with his wife Tasha and three kids: Damien, Rilen, and Genevieve. He likes spending time with his kids and getting the family out and about at family events throughout Franklin County. During the winter, Dr. DJ is a volunteer ski patroller at Jay Peak Resort and enjoys cross-country and downhill skiing.